Frequently Asked Questions1. A Hysterectomy? What is it?
2. A Hysterectomy? What Kind?
3. Frightened and Anxious?
4. Go to doctor appointment with her?
5. How can the rest of the family and friends help?
6. How to Prepare the Room?
7. Is a Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy Best?
8. Light housework? What is that?
9. No Libido?
10. Post-op bleeding?
11. SEX! When can we get back to normal?
12. Swelly belly? Tender belly?
13. Trouble getting out of bed?
14. What Type of Surgeon for Cancer?
15. When can she cook?
16. Why Does She Need a Second Opinion?
17. Why is my wife not feeling better?
* Go to doctor appointment with her?
My wife is facing this surgery. Would it be helpful for me to attend her doctor appointments with her?
Yes if possible and if she agrees it would be very helpful. Two sets of ears are always better as there are things the doctor may say that she may forget. Perhaps even take a little notepad and pen to jot down importants points.
By attending these appointments it will also help you understand better what this surgery is all about and what you can expect and what you can do to help her through this.
Probably the most heard complaint from the Hyster Sisters about their husbands is that they don't understand the seriousness of this surgery and the many changes a body goes through during recovery. Going to the doctor appointments will demonstrate to your wife that you are interested in her needs.